Now, in 21st century, shungite actively enters economic life of people as a multipurpose raw material used in various branches and spheres. Those spheres include metallurgy, chemical manufacturing, water purification and water treatment, production of construction materials, construction, utilities, agriculture and improvement of soil quality, protection of human and animal health, production of cosmetics and protective gear, and consumer goods of a wide nomenclature.
It is a great solution for many difficult ecological problems and improvement of quality of the environment in modern urbanized world.
Chemical content of shungite mined at Zazhoginskoye deposit (Zazhoginskiy and Maksovskiy fields):
Nature gave Karelian shungite a unique set of macro- and microelements, structure, and properties. It kills and engulfs all that harms humans and animals, and concentrates and regenerates all that is good and useful for them.
Example of chemical content (weight content, %)
Average density of shungite from Zazhoginskiy and Maksovskiy fields is 2,2-2,6 g/cubic cm.
Mohs’ hardness is 4-4,5.
Frost tolerance of shungite rubble – not lower than 100 cycles.
The use of shungite is conditioned by a unique complex of its properties.
- A sorbent that purifies water and air, getting rid of many organic and non-organic compounds
- A catalysator that ensures decomposition of occluded organic substances and repair of sorbate properties
- A material that actively interacts with electromagnetic fields of different types and neutralizes their negative impact
- A carrier of a wide spectrum of microelements and biologically active substances that increase intensity of biological processes in human and animal organisms
- A natural antioxidant that can boost immune system of humans